When will Sculpture 2

May 19, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Hi Sculpture Team,

According to your blog post, Sculpture 2.0 Beta will be available at Mid of May 2009.

Is it on schedule ?

Thanks.

Coordinator
May 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Hi Willian,

sorry for being late on our release but the next week we will announce our releasing plan.

Negm

May 25, 2009 at 1:22 AM

a good news

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:01 AM

Hi Anegm, Will the annoucements for 2.0 (and even better the Beta release) come out this week ?

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:11 AM

It's delayed. See http://sculpture.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=57991.

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:00 AM

Is there already any light about release 2.0 coming out ?

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Is Sculpture 2.0 Beta release this week?

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:46 AM

I open this page   very day to foud if Sculpture 2.0  release

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Hi All,
For some light ;) , we publish the first part of our series "Building amazing business applications using Sculpture 2.0".
Sculpture 2.0 will be released as soon as we finish its tutorials to become a meaningful product.

Thanks for your patient.

Ahmed Negm

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:32 AM

i  have seen   "Building amazing business applications using Sculpture 2.0".  Great! 

非常棒,期待2.0的发布!

Jun 29, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Any new dates on a Beta release?

Jul 27, 2009 at 6:20 AM

Hi Sculpture Team,

Personally I think Sculpture is great! It makes me concentrate more on the business logic of the application. I just have a few questions in mind:

1. Is it easy or will it be easy to change the generated UI themes? Or do we need to do it manually. If we manually change the UI theme/skin, will the changes be overwritten when we generate/regenerate the UI code?

2. Will Sculpture 2.0 remain open-source? How about the molds?

Thanks and more power!

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2009 at 3:40 PM

epgirang,

The project has been moved to www.dawliasoft.com.

1. Sculpture NEVER overwrite any file outside 'Generated Code' folder, so you work safely outside this folder.

About Themes, Sculpture generated applications designed where you can change the whole theme by simply overwrite the theme folder without tweaking any of the generated stuff.

About the layout of the applications, Sculpture gives you an inital look of your application and while the seperation of concerns is considered and applied best patterns for this separation (like MVVM) your desginers can take the XAML pages into the blend to give them better appearance without warring about the development activities.

All you need to do is draging the XAML page into the custom code with the same path and Sculpture will never generated it again (This step is illustrated in Sculpture tutorial - Part 4).

So you are free to change the appearance of any page without warry about the regeneration process.

2. Sculpture 2.0 remain open-source, the molds has a little cost described here.

Best Regards,

Ahmed Negm

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Hi ANegm,

Thanks for the reply. It's good to hear that Sculpture is flexible unlike any other code generating tools. I've began trying our Sculpture and the results are great.

Again, thanks.

Regards,

Ely

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM
ANegm wrote:

2. Sculpture 2.0 remain open-source, the molds has a little cost described here.

Best Regards,

Ahmed Negm

A question. Where to find Sculpture 2.0 source code???? is it still OPEN SOURCE???. Because if is not this project must be closed by Codeplex I think.