How to integrate my own Mold into Sculpture StarterKitSolution ?

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:27 PM
I take a look at "CustomizeSculpture.wmv", it is all about dealing with existing Mold.

If I want to create my own Mold (for example: ADO.NET Data Services as a new Service Type which applies RESTful binding and automatically generate back-end DataContext infrastructure), how could I integrated the Mold into existing Sculpture StarterKitSolution wizard (I mean I could see the new Mold in the Service Type dropdown list) ?

Do you have a plan for a new video/documentation like "Integrate your own Mold into Sculpture StarterKitSolution" ?

Thanks !

I LOVE SCULPTURE for NOW, the FUTURE, and FOREVER :-)
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2009 at 9:52 AM
To add your mold in Sculpture starter kit wizard you must tweak the source code of sculpture where this wizard is not a part of the Sculpture extensibility.
But you can do it more easily from the mold manager, after wizard finished you can add or remove any mold from the Mold Manager button in the editor control tool bar (beside import and export buttons) and notice that you must restart your visual studio to get you new mold active in the model.
Thank you for your Signature :)
Negm.
Mar 30, 2009 at 10:12 AM
I do (remove "Silverlight UI Mold" and add "My New UI Mold") as you suggested and restart VS, after I click "Generate", the "Silverlight UI" project still exists and "My New UI" project is not created.

Am I wrong doing this way ?

Thanks !

I LOVE SCULPTURE for NOW, the FUTURE, and FOREVER :-)
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Sculpture does not generate projects or remove ones, we need to remove it manually, and if your mold will generates code in new project then you must add it, but if it generates code for already exist project just refer to it (note: the templates must refer to where it will be generated, fore example take any mold as an example of how you can add new template and the output project pattern).
Mar 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Sorry, I got some confusing here:

1. If I click "Generate", then Sculpture model designer will iterate all models and relationships for generating souce code files based on "My New UI Mold"'s templates (.tt files). If I could not click "Generate", how could the Sculpture model desginer (or Sculpture infrastructure) achieving this ?

2. Would you please explain more details (like a step-by-step documentation or video guidance similar to what you have done in other 2 .wmv files) on this topic coz I could not understand well on "project reference, template, etc." you mentioned here (under the installation folder, there are Molds and Templates sub-folders, what is the relationships between them) ?

You do a really fatastic jobs ! If the documentation (or guidance) could be a little more specific, I would be very appreciated and it would be more easily for me to spreading your great artifacts as well !

Thanks !

I LOVE SCULPTURE for NOW, the FUTURE, and FOREVER :-)
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Hi Willian,
Take a look at this.
http://www.dawliasoft.com/Sculpture/Intro-Part2/
This is a screen cast from Sculpture1.0 beta 1, it shows you how to build a new mold from start to end step by step.
And will help you understanding the nature of molds and properties and templates.
I hope it will be helpful.
Negm
Apr 12, 2009 at 12:53 AM
The link is dead :(

Great work!
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Sorry hernant,
We upgrade our hosting so try this link instead.
http://www.ferdawsaden.com/Sculpture/IntroPart2/home.html

Thank You
Negm
Jun 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hello

I would like comment your video. A Step is missed in the video at 6,50 approximatly during the creation of the WPFcommandSet.cs file

you write this :

commands.Add(new ToolBarCommand("Set Onyx Theme For All DataContracts", Resources1.ThemeBitmap, new ToolBarCommand.CommandSetEventHandler(ThemeButtonClicked)));

but nowhere you explain hoy to create the resources1 files. So an error occurs.

Can you help me ?

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Hi Romain,

its easy, just add a resource file to your project and add bitmap to it.

Negm

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Thanks for the response.

But now I have another problem.

At 11.51 min of the video you add the list box in Windows1.xaml file.

Can you tell me the exactly code you writte please ?