Is it possible to generate a partial application?

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:21 PM
Hi, I'm new to the Sculpture way of development and was wondering if it's at all possible to build the model and then generate a single layer or just a few layers
instead of the the entire application?  I'm trying to build out my domain from a perspective where I don't care about UI at all ( I know in the end it will either be WPF or Silverlight), but for
now... I'd like to use a SQL database, LINQ2SQL for dataAccess, and WCF or a library for the service layer. How might I go about generating this? Is it possible? Or should I generate the
entire application and yank out the front end? :-)

Thanks and great work... I look forward to future releases. :-)

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Sure after generating the project from the wizard, remove the "UIMold" and "WPFMold" (or whatever "SilverlightMold" "WinFormMold"... ), then remove the projects that concerned in UI, all the attributes and constraints of the UI will be removed, and you can generate the rest of layers without problems.
Negm
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:44 AM
anegm,
and what about the case when I need to add another UI implamentation. For instance I don't have any or for instance only silverlight  mold in my solution. Is it possible and what is the proper way to add another UI mold project?
It's really important because often we may need several UI presentations of the program (WinForms + Web as most often)

Thank you in advance
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Hi dakmitos,
Unfortunately Sculpture does not support this feature yet,
You need to create two solutions and exchange the model using import and export.
Negm.
Mar 15, 2009 at 2:39 PM
ok, thank you for answer.

Hope the next release will provide some usefull instruments to manage molds in one solution :)