Installation Issues...

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:53 AM
So I see that it appears to have installed fine but intervention was required and the clean up wasn't complete.  I had to kill the command line window you spawned to finalize some stuff and it also left a deven.exe still running which can't be killed.  Also some guidance as to the order of install would be nice.  On your release page you also say 3 MSI files but in the install package there are only 2 + the htm file...  I am looking forward to use it and see if this something I would use regularly.  I know its beta hopefully i can find a bug or 2 in the process of using it ;)
Dec 16, 2008 at 4:28 AM
first problem I see... I cannot uninstall the designer package says its looking for a network resource... I point it to the correct location on my computer but it fails to uninstall the designer initial USE SOURCE: points to this...

##%D:\Sculpture 1.0\Sculpture\Setup\SculptureDesignerSetup\bin\Debug\  << whoops!!

Changing this to location where I have MSI yields NOTHING!!

This also leads me to the problem I am having where the designer never shows up when the Startup solution completes.  What does show up is the SculptureModel.Sculpture file in XML form with some pretty mangled xml.

Edit::

Took 3 times for the MSI file to be recognised...
Dec 17, 2008 at 11:08 AM
I have installed the guided automation extensions and I can also run the SculptureDesigner.msi package without problems.
But when I want to run the SculptureExtension.msi package I get the following error:
Error 1001 Could not loud the installation types in assembly C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\...\Dawliasoft.Sculpture.MoldGuidanceInstaller.dll
Could not load one or more of the required types.

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Team SP1
Dec 18, 2008 at 2:21 PM
At work it mostly works fine (I can create WPF, ASP.net, and Windows Forms, However MVC, Silverlight, etc applications don't work, could be me :)).

At home the initial install ran fine, but attempting to create a solution reported the error message noted above. 

I was unable to uninstall the Designer with the same problem as noted above, no amount of repeating seemed to help.  The extensions seem to uninstall and install just fine. 

I'm running Vista Business and VS 2008 proffessional with SP1.
Dec 19, 2008 at 4:30 AM
I had the same problem with the strange error message when trying to install the SculptureExtension.msi package.  I was able to resolve the problem by uninstalling the guidance extensions that this site pointed to and then doing the following:
  1. Install the VS 2008 SDK
  2. Install the February 2008 version of the guidance extensions from here
  3. Install the update to the guidance extensions for VS 2008 SP1 from here

After doing the above I could finally get the SculptureExtension.msi to complete.

I hope that this helps you.

George

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Hi All,
We are now working in a new installation project for Sculpture will address all of the current installation problems, (will be shipped in the 1.0 final)
Till that you can use one of the above recommendations suitable for your case. Or download the Windows Installer Clean Up utility from Microsoft and delete any Sculpture installed, After that you could successfully install the new version..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us
Thanks
Negm.
Jan 6, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I think I finally solved my problem.  The problem was at home I had installed XAML Power Toys.  This was causing all Guidance Packages to fail.  Deselecting the XAML PowerToys add-in at startup and restarting Visual Studio fixed the problem.

http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=7793

Also, on my desktop, the configuration screen has stuff chopped off on the right.  I'd send you a screen shot but I'm not sure how to.

Thanks for everyones help.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 9:19 AM
All Installation problems fixed in Sculpture 1.0 Final
One installation for all Sculpture components
http://sculpture.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=23952