Support CSLA.net

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:05 AM
Heard from my buddy that Sculpture is adding a new csla.net mold to its coming release.  And that is what Sculpture needed, a robust business object modle, to work with.
Oct 10, 2008 at 3:24 PM
I heard that too. Any more information available on this yet?
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Yes this is true, we are now developing a CSLA Mold, and its will be delivered with the next release. (Beta 2).

In this Mold we try to gather all the powerful of CSLA into the model to easily configure and generate it.

if all goes well they'll be delivered within a month.

Negm
Dec 4, 2008 at 6:00 AM
Hi,

do you plan to update to CSLA.NET 3.6?

Thanks,
Patrick
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:43 PM
From Rockford website the latest stable version is 3.5.2 that what we support for now, when 3.6 will be available as a stable release we will migrate our CSLA Mold to it.
Negm
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:57 PM
Excellent, you'll be starting in a few weeks then as the final 3.6 is due any time now.
Dec 4, 2008 at 6:36 PM
Hi,

since version 3.5.x CSLA supports a new managed property syntax which brings many advantages especially for child collections:
http://www.lhotka.net/weblog/CategoryView,category,CSLA+.NET.aspx#afef881f3-16aa-4aba-8c2e-19b0f79c4e96

Any plans to implement this one while you upgrade?

Thanks,
Patrick

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:42 PM
Hi,

CSLA.NET doesn't really use stored procedures in their examples anymore as LINQ to Objects or the Entity Framework are far easier to maintain....
See for example the code smith templates for CSLA.NET on CodePlex.

What might be helpful also is to use the new ObjectFactory class from CSLA.NET 3.6 to separate the DataAccess code from the business object
http://www.lhotka.net/weblog/CSLANETObjectFactoryAttribute.aspx

I would never use the stored procedure approach for various reasons and if it's at least only in the object factory class it makes it much easier to connect my own DAL code to the business object.

Thanks,
Patrick
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2008 at 9:39 AM
Hi Patrick,
Thank you for your valuable comments,
We will keep it in mind while developing the next version of CSLA Mold.
Please type any another suggestions you wish to see in the next version.
Thanks,
Negm
Dec 26, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Edited Dec 26, 2008 at 8:49 AM
Hi there

I have just got time to test out the Sculpture Beta2, and tried to have it to generate CLSA + WCF + WPF codes as what had shown in the SchoolManager example.  Sculpture failed to generate the "xxxServiceClient" code for the ServiceReferences in the UI poject. Has this been reported?

Just to make sure that it wasn't any other thing that caused this error. I redo the same example this time with NHibernate, and it worked just fine.

thanks
Sean
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2008 at 5:38 PM
Hi Sean,
CSLA + WCF give some problems because the parent classes of BusinessBase, does not support attributes for WCF.
Try CSLA with standard library.
Negm
Dec 27, 2008 at 7:24 AM
That's a pity! Is there any plan to work this out in the next release? and I would also like to suggest to add more control to the property ( i.e. write/read only property).

thanks
Sean