Relationship of Project(s)

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:22 AM
I hope someone can explain & can draw the relationship of the following projects below:

Business Entities Project
Data Access Project
Data Contracts Project
Entity Data Translator Project
Fault Contract Project
Service Contract Project
Service Implementation Project
Host Project

Thanks in advanced.
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2008 at 2:57 AM
In the next link there is a PDF file has information about the Web Service Architecture (copied from Web Service Software Factory documentation).

This file will help you to understand the relationship between these components.

http://www.dawliasoft.com/Sculpture/WebServiceArchitecture.pdf

Feel free to post any discussion !!

Negm

Oct 3, 2008 at 6:37 AM
Negm,

Thanks, for documents, seen this before but will review farther.

Chris
Dec 22, 2008 at 8:49 AM
Negm,

I kinda confused now, I am reviewing the file you gave me
http://www.dawliasoft.com/Sculpture/WebServiceArchitecture.pdf
versus the current code generated by Sculpture 1.0 Beta 2.

And it seems "Business Layer" only have "Business Entities" where's the "Business Logic" then?

Also, Both Entities & Services are now located on Business Folder, shouldn't  they must fall on two different logical folder for proper groupings?
Such as "Business Folder" for Entities and Business Logic (if still applicable)  and "Service Folder" for the Data Contract, Service Contract, Service Implementator and translator.

And on your opinion, would it be a good practice to create an individual project for Data Contract, Service Contract, Service Implementator and Data Translator or can you suggest which one should be group in one project and which ones should be in individual project.

Thanks,

Chris
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2008 at 5:11 PM
Hi Chris,
Sculpture give you options for doing both, you can collect them in one project, or separate them in many projects,
The wizard is just a starter kit and you can change the structure of the projects as you need.
About best practice, Tom hollander write in one of his posts that we service software factory produce multiple projects. so you can collect these projects in one. But the last produced patterns & practices Application Architecture Guide 2.0 settle that the best practice to put aeh type in a separate project.
Thanks.
Negm.