Entity Framework

Jul 22, 2008 at 3:27 PM
Hey Guys,

I have really liked sculpture, great interface, great functionalities... but there's something that bothering me, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the sculpture concept a bit like ADO.NET entity framework?...

What i mean is... Is sculpture going to be some kind of alternative to the entity framework? Or is it going to build some kind of a different approach to model entities and map to the database...

Best Regards,
Bruno

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Bruno,

About Sculpture and Entity Framework,

The conflict come from The CTP version of Sculpture which just an entity Designer, Sculpture has more wide definition, Sculpture is a Model driven development that can generate any type of text, in the beta version (will come within 3 weeks), you can generate services and web services, and you can build your own Mold that can generate any kind of text based on the model (code, html, asp, xml, …).

Entity Designer is great tool that specific in the ORM and data access layer, but Sculpture produce more than this.

Sure Entity framework have more and more ORM options, but we will study how to integrate Sculpture with it, as the beta version Produce LINQ Code, may be in the future some integration with Entity framework will be appeared to get the benefits of this huge tool.

For more information about the next version of Sculpture and the new vision go to the Home Page.

I hope to see your opinions always.

Negm