Posibillities to work smoothly with Web Client Software Client

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM
Hi,

I just think it should be nice if this addin also could be a working smoothly with WCSF. What I want is this:

You create a new project with WCSF to get your project structure. WCSF does'nt have the database code so this is where Sculpture gets in. I want it to generate all the Entities, DataAccess and maby you can specify the BusinessObject to use for each DataAccess.
The Repository Factory worked like this but it's not developed any more if I'm not wrong.

//Patrik
Jul 3, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Hello Patrik,

No problem or concerns in the integration of Sculpture and WCSF,
Sculpture till now produce the Entity layer and data access layer and the skeleton of business logic layer of your application,

From the business logic layer the WCSF start his work , so no conflicts expected while working smoothly with Sculpture and WCSF.

But keep in mind that no stable release from Sculpture available, and it is not recommended to use CTP version in the production.

Another interesting point, within a few days i will write post in my blog about the new vision of Sculpture, which may be useful in your case, keep in touch!

Jul 21, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Hi,

I really liked the CTP, I downloaded made a few tests and the designer integration is really neat. I was wondering if you will be releasing a Production Version any time soon.

Thanks
Jul 22, 2008 at 9:41 AM
Hello ANegm,

I downloaded the source code and installed the VS SDK, I was able to edit the model to do some testing, but now my question is, how can I test this without having to compile/uninstall/install?

Thanks again
Jul 22, 2008 at 12:47 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2008 at 1:20 PM

machadogj,

About production version, till now we cannot determine exactly when we can deliver it, the planned release is the Beta version, and it will published in few weeks (2-4 weeks).

“How can I test this without having to compile/uninstall/install?”

The simplest way is to uninstall (THE SCULPTURE DESIGNER ONLY)  then build the application after your changes, then test it in the Experimental hive (start menu -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK -> Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 under Experimental hive), open any existing model, and test...

You welcome

Negm